Register
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:19 am

Download Manager/converter

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:28 am   
Linux Guru

Hi Folks, I'm back again with some questions ....
I've been looking around for a download manager/converter that will allow me to download from You Tube, Facebook, as well as from sites that aren't affiliated with the above. I'd like to be able to download on both of my OS's, Debian 8 Linux and Win 10, so that if I lose one, I've still got a backup on the other. I want to be able to convert audios to MP3 and videos to MP4. AND, it has to be simple for this old goat ..... I've forgotten most of the stuff that you guys have taught me over the years, since I just surf the net and watch 50's cowboy movies on You Tube anymore .... but Debian has been kind to me so far, - I think this is the longest time a Linux OS has lasted for me, so no complaints from me ;>). You know me, I was the guy that changed Linux OS's every month or two, because I somehow screwed mine up and didn't know how to repair it. All I do now is upgrade every so often and stay away from anything else!

I've looked at a couple on Firefox add-ons but when I install them, they don't seem to work when I click on the buttons, so that makes me thing they are probably virus-type apps, malware, etc.. Now I have to see if I can remove them without messing up my OS's.

Any ideas/recommendations?
THX, JP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:09 pm   
Linux Guru

@JP: Check out this link and see if any of the recommendations there are helpful to you:
Make Use Of: Apps to convert audio and video files in Linux

Some of them work on multiple platforms, so check and see what's easy to use for you. I don't have any particular experience with them, so this was more of an item I found in a search as opposed to something I have personal experience using.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:07 am   
Linux Guru

masinick wrote:
@JP: Check out this link and see if any of the recommendations there are helpful to you:
Make Use Of: Apps to convert audio and video files in Linux

Some of them work on multiple platforms, so check and see what's easy to use for you. I don't have any particular experience with them, so this was more of an item I found in a search as opposed to something I have personal experience using.

Thanks Brian :D I haven't kept up with the LUG for a long while, like I said above, I just surf, etc. anymore. Hope all is well with everyone, y'all take care ....... and I'll see what that link can do for me. :super: